A sound policy and program will provide the basis for effective self-regulation through your internal responsibility system. Under the Act, employers and workers must share the responsibility for workplace health and safety. The concept of an internal responsibility system is based on the principle that parties in the workplace are in the best position to identify health and safety problems and to come up with solutions.
Contents of Policy Statements guideline:
• The benefits of an effective Policy and Program
• Preparing a Health & Safety Policy
• Tips to compile a Health & Safety Policy
• Implementing a Health & Safety Policy
• Developing a Health & Safety Program
• Examples of commitment statements for a SHE Policy